Team Kanban Practitioner is a full-day online workshop where you will learn the core concepts of the Kanban Method; improving visibility, communication, and collaboration.
Team members will learn how to be effective within a Kanban team.
Start With Where You Are Now!
With Kanban, we start by developing and visualizing a joint understanding of the current way of working. Then, improvements are identified and implemented. Team Kanban Practitioner is the perfect first step for getting the work organized. By understanding the core concepts of the Kanban Method and educating individual contributors to be “good Kanban citizens,” you will improve visibility, communication, and collaboration within your team.
If you are a member of a team or a manager who wants to understand the key concepts in Kanban, the Team Kanban Practitioner class is a great place to get started!
All experience levels are welcome. No previous Kanban training or experience is required.
At the workshop, you will learn the six general practices of the kanban method
• Visualize – Show work and its flow.
• Limit Work in Progress – Stop starting, start finishing!
• Manage Flow – Identify and manage what is preventing work from flowing.
• Make policies explicit – Have agreed policies, visible to everyone involved.
• Establish Feedback loops – At the right cadence to provide guidance.
• Improve collaboratively, evolve experimentally – Using the scientific method.
You will leave with
• Understand the basics, motivation, and benefits of the Kanban Method.
• Experience the benefit of WIP limits to improve flow.
• How to run the Kanban meetings to focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it.
• How to proceed to the next level with Kanban and apply the first practices in your day-to-day work.
• Becoming faster and more responsive, with better risk management and governance.
• Understand “Pull” systems and how they help reduce overburdening.
• Learn how to track System Lead Time to build and utilize Lead Time distributions.
Full-day workshop (online): 9 am - 5 pm (CEST)
All participants will receive the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential.
Trainer: Mike Leber